(Photo of my sister and I from July 2014)
It’s been a busy weekend, and there are a few things happening this week about which I’m not so excited, so it will be a good exercise today to remember the things making me happy.
- Baby sisters who live 5 minutes away (especially after 10 years of being hours away!)
- Impromptu gifts of fruit tea and this bracelet from above-mentioned sister.
- Receiving fluff mail — especially when it’s our new favorite sling.
- Fresh local blueberries from our crop share.
- Driving an hour to meet an old friend and her family for dinner AND a baby who did not cry. the. entire. car ride.
- Babies with ticklish thighs. More specifically how my baby laughs when we tickle his thighs.
- When Trader Joe’s has their gluten-free grain sandwich bread AND gluten-free chocolate cupcakes in stock.
- Target trips when Charlie falls asleep in the sling while my mama and I are ogling baby clothes.
- Burnt hotdogs from the grill (just a little bit black; not totally charred).
- Shih tzu snuggles.